Register for Metro County Connect
Metro County Connect is Kalamazoo Metro Transit's shared ride origin-to-destination transit service. Shared ride means that multiple passengers may ride together in the same vehicle. Metro County Connect is open to all residents of Kalamazoo County. Discounted fares are available to individuals who are certified as having a disability, seniors 62 years or older and individuals with a disability who are certified as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) eligible.
Individuals with a disability and seniors 62 years of age and older can request a Certification for Reduced Fare application by calling 337-8858, in writing to Metro Transit, 530 N. Rose St., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, or at the Metro Transit office. Print the Certification for Reduced Fare application.
People with a disability must have a physician or caseworker complete this form and senior citizens can provide a copy of their driver’s license, birth certificate or other picture ID to verify their age. This certification entitles passengers to reduced fare on Metro County Connect.
Access Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA) Paratransit Service:
Individuals with a disability that prevents them from riding on Metro Transit's fixed-route bus service some or all of the time can apply for Metro County Connect ADA paaratransit service. Print the ADA application and Professional Verification form.
Access eligible passengers are divided into three groups:
- Level 1: Any individual with a disability who is unable, as the result of a physical or mental impairment (including a vision impairment), to board, ride or disembark from a fixed-route vehicle on the Metro Transit System.
- Level 2: Any individual with a disability who needs the assistance of a wheelchair lift or other boarding assistance device and is able, with such assistance, to board, ride and disembark from an accessible fixed-route vehicle, but one is not available on the route.
- Level 3: Any individual with a disability who has a specific impairment-related condition which prevents the individual from traveling to a boarding location or from a disembarking location served by the fixed-route Metro Transit System.
Individuals can request an Access ADA application by calling (269) 337-8477, in writing to Metro Transit, 530 N. Rose St., Kalamazoo MI 49007, or at the Metro Transit office.
Access applicants will be notified of their eligibility determination within 21 days of receipt of their completed application. If a determination is not made within 21 days, presumptive eligibility will be granted and the applicant can use Metro County Connect until a determination is made.
Individuals certified as ADA Access eligible may also ride anywhere in Kalamazoo County outside of the Access service area, 3/4 of a mile beyond the fixed-route service, at the Metro County Connect reduced fare.
Note: All certification applications are available in alternate formats upon request.
Forms & applications
- Print out and complete the form with the appropriate signatures to apply for a reduced fare on either the Metro County Connect service or Metro Transit fixed-route buses. Return it by mail to Metro County Connect Coordinator, Metro Transit, 530 North Rose Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
- Print out and complete this form with the appropriate signatures to apply for Metro County Connect ADA Certification. Return it by mail along with the Professional Verification Form to Metro County Connect Coordinator, Metro Transit, 530 North Rose Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007.
- Professional Verification must be completed by a physician or case worker. When completed and signed, mail the form along with the ADA Certification to Metro County Connect Coordinator, Metro Transit, 530 North Rose Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007.
- Print out and complete this form and mail it to Metro County Connect Coordinator, Metro Transit, 530 North Rose Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007.
If you are a visitor to Kalamazoo County and are ADA certified as a person with a disability in your own community, you are eligible for a Visitor's Pass. You can request a Visitor's Pass by calling 337-8477. Your Visitor's Pass will be good for 21 days of service beginning from the date of your first trip. Visitors who require more than 21 days of service must apply for certification with Metro County Connect.
If you are visiting and not ADA certified in your community but are qualified for service, you can also complete a Pass Request and provide proof of your disability if not apparent to receive 21 days of service.