Subscription Service is available for certified Metro County Connect passengers on the basis of availability for regularly occurring trips. Trips must occur at least two times per week to/from the same locations and at the same times to be considered for Subscription Service. Subscription Service must be used for a minimum period of three months. Passengers may schedule up to four Subscription trips as long as the times, locations and days are consistent. Subscription Service is limited to trips to work, work training, volunteer work, education, and specialized medical care. To request an application for Subscription Service, please call (269) 337-8477 or print the Subscription Service Application.
Subscription Service is not required under the ADA. To ensure that regular trip requests are not restricted, Subscription trips may not exceed more than fifty percent of the number of Metro County Connect Access trips available at any given time of the day. When this limit has been reached, passengers requesting Subscription Service will be placed on a waiting list in the order the requests are received. When Subscription Service becomes available, passengers on the waiting list will be contacted, starting at the top of the list, until the opening has been filled.
Demand/Response Subscriptions must be paid in advance of the service date. Fares for Demand/Response Subscription trips are not refundable when service is cancelled. Passengers are responsible for submitting payment within one week of the end of the Subscription Service period to continue the Subscription. If payment is not received, the Subscription will end on the final day of the paid service period.
ADA Access Subscription trips must be paid at the time of service.
Demand/Response Subscription Service Payment Options
For your convenience, we offer the following payment options:
- In person via cash, check (payable to CCTA) or credit card (VISA or MasterCard) to: Kalamazoo Transportation Center, 459 N. Burdick Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007. Hours are Sunday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Telephone via credit card (VISA or MasterCard) to: Metro Transit Customer Service at (269) 337-8201. Hours are Sunday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Mail check (payable to CCTA) or credit card information (VISA or MasterCard) to: Metro Transit Customer Service, Kalamazoo Transportation Center, 459 N. Burdick Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007. Hours are Sunday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Once a passenger has received approval to schedule Subscription Service, he or she must call (269) 350-2970 to schedule the Subscription. Subscription trips need to be scheduled only once at the beginning of the six month service period. Subscription Service Passengers will be responsible for notifying Metro County Connect at (269) 337-8477 within one week of the end of the Subscription Service period if they wish to continue the Subscription. If not extended, Subscription Service will end on the final day of the service period.
Subscription Service schedules can be changed up to two times in a 30 day period, beginning at the start of the Subscription. Any additional changes will result in the cancellation of the Subscription and the passenger will need to re-apply for a new Subscription. New Subscriptions will be based on availability. If the requested schedule is not available, the individual will be placed on the Subscription Service waiting list.
Subscription Service late cancellations /no show policy
- Subscription Service trips must be cancelled at least one day prior to the scheduled trip. To cancel a trip, call (269) 350-2970. Any trip cancelled later than one day prior will be considered a late cancellation.
- Three cancellations of the same Subscription ride in a 30 day period, beginning at the start of the Subscription, will result in the loss of Subscription Service. Extenuating circumstances such as illness or vacations will not be counted against the passenger. It is the responsibility of the passenger to provide documentation of such occurrences.
- Passengers who are not at their pick-up location within five minutes of their scheduled time will be considered a no show.
- Passengers who have accumulated three late cancellations/no shows within a three-month period will receive a written warning of their record.
- Passengers who have four or more late cancellations or no shows within a three-month period will have their Subscription Service privileges suspended for 30 days.
- Any future occurrence of three late cancellations or no shows during a three-month period will result in the revocation of Subscription Service privileges for a period of 12 months.
- Passengers suspended from Subscription Service can still schedule regular demand service on Metro County Connect, subject to the rules of use for service.
- Late cancellations and no shows may be appealed by contacting Metro County Connect at (269)337-8477.On the basis of the reasons given and an investigation into the matter; the Metro County Connect Coordinator will make a determination whether or not the no show or cancellation was properly charged.
- Suspensions and Revocation of Subscription Service privileges may be appealed by submitting a written request for a hearing. This request should include the specific reasons why the service should not be suspended or revoked. Metro County Connect must receive this request within 14 days after notification of Suspension or Cancellation. Send the appeal request to Metro County Connect, 530 North Rose Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
- Once an appeal request is received, a hearing date will be set within 30 days. Written notice of this meeting, in an accessible format, will be sent to the individual making the appeal.
- Hearings will be held by the Metro County Connect Coordinator, the Contractor Manager, and a member of the Local Advisory Committee.
- Following the appeal hearing, the appeal decision will be sent in writing to the individual making the appeal within 30 days. The appeal decision is final.