Please contact any of our Administrative Office Staff members at (269) 337-8446
Please contact any of our Administrative Office Staff members at (269) 337-8446
June 3, 2020
Additional Hours of Metro Bus Service Starts Monday, June 8, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI – Additional hours for Metro’s fixed route buses will start on Monday, June 8. Fixed route buses will operate hourly from 6:15 am to 10:15 pm Monday through Saturday. Additional half hour service will be available on Route 1-Westnedge, 2-Portage, 9-Gull, and 14-West Main Monday through Friday until 6:38 pm. Sunday bus service will resume operation on June 14 from 9:15 am to 5:15 pm.
Metro Connect will continue to provide curb-to-curb service 6:00 am to 12:15 am Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 10:15 pm Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. For work trips needing transportation after 10:15 pm weekdays when the fixed route system is not operating, riders can call Metro Connect at (269) 350-2970 to schedule rides. Please be aware that there is limited availability.
In order to continue to protect the community from the spread of the coronavirus after the Stay at Home Order has been lifted for the State of Michigan, riders must follow the new guidelines on all Metro vehicles:
The public transportation system resumed hourly bus service to the community from 6:15 am to 6:15 pm Monday through Saturday on May 18 with new guidelines for riding as a result of COVID-19. The fixed route buses were previously suspended from April 2 to May 17. The new guidelines for riding the bus help slow the spread of the coronavirus in the community and protect vulnerable populations in Kalamazoo County.
Riders should review the revised schedules as times and days of service are still limited at this time. Specific route information including modified schedules and regular updates on Metro’s public transportation service is available at www.kmetro.com or by calling (269) 337-8222. Additional updates are also available on Facebook at Metro Transit.
As of 1:54 pm, we are unable to provide service to Crossroads Mall. Routes 1 Westnedge, 26 Centre and 27 Romence are loading at Portage Adult Education off Milham and Oregon.
Westnedge stops impacted: 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, & 32
Passengers can board on Westnedge at Wendy's Outbound and Westnedge at Walgreens inbound.
Centre stops impacted: 687, 688, 689, 690, 30
Passengers can board on Westnedge at Wendy's.
Romence stops impacted: #30, 1064, 1047, 1048, 1049
Passengers can board at Newport and Milham.
Call 337-8222 for additional stop information. We'll update when we are able to resume service.
In compliance with Executive Order 2020-75 and temporary suspension of the Open Meetings Act, the June 8, 2020 CCTA/KCTA meeting will be held electronically via Zoom. Instructions will be available on the CCTA/KCTA web packet prior to the meeting.
Riding Metro’s Buses with New Procedures Starting Monday, May 18, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI – Metro’s fixed route buses will begin operating hourly Monday, May 18. The return of buses since the April 2 suspension of service will have new hours of operation and guidelines in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus and to protect vulnerable populations in Kalamazoo County.
Hours of Operations
Fixed Route Bus: Fixed route buses will operate from 6:15 am to 6:15 pm Monday through Saturday. No buses will be operating on Sunday until further notice.
Metro Connect: Hours of operation are 6:00 am to 12:15 am Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 10:15 pm Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
For work trips needing transportation after 6:15 pm when the fixed route system is not operating, riders can call Metro Connect to schedule rides. Please be aware that there is limited availability for evening transportation from 6:15 pm to 12:15 am Monday through Friday, Saturday from 6:15 pm to 10:15 pm and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Rides can be scheduled at (269) 350-2970.
Riders must adhere to the following for the fixed route buses starting May 18 in order to keep public transportation operating in Kalamazoo County:
• Face coverings: Everyone on the bus must be wearing a face covering. Metro drivers will also be wearing a face covering. A covering can include a mask, scarf, or bandanna, as long as it covers the nose and mouth. If a covering is not used, the rider cannot board the bus at this time.
• Boarding the Bus: Only rear door boarding is available with no fare required.
• Ramp and Assisted Boarding: Due to a new plexiglass barrier near the driver, those requiring a ramp or kneeling of the bus bus will not be able to board immediately at bus stops. Drivers will speak to the passenger at the bus stop using the outdoor speaker and send out a vehicle that is able to accommodate the passenger. Additional transportation will be made available within 30 minutes. Those needing additional assistance riding Metro can contact Metro Connect at 350-2970 for no cost curb to curb service seven days a week.
• Hand Sanitizer: A hand sanitizer dispenser has been installed at the back door where passengers board. To help keep the bus clean and to protect others, use the hand sanitizer when boarding the bus.
• Limited seating: Bus seats will be marked off with yellow tape to encourage social distancing. Members from the same household can and should remain together. Passengers cannot stand in the aisle.
• Limit Rides: Metro requests that all passengers travel for essential rides only per the Governor’s Stay Home Staff Safe order in effect through May 28. With limited hours and seating, only 14 or 18 riders can be on the bus at a time (depending on bus size). If a bus is full, the driver will not pick up additional passengers until there is room. Because of this, please consolidate trips and take Metro only for essential work, grocery and medical trips.
The Metro bus drivers are available in case of an emergency and passengers are being asked to minimize their contact with drivers at this time. With the limited services comes reduced service hours and seating. Expect setbacks and plan ample travel time.
Specific route information including modified schedules and regular updates on your public transportation is available at www.kmetro.com or by calling (269) 337-8222. Additional updates are also available on Facebook at Metro Transit.
Metro Fixed Route Service Resumes with Limited Hours Starting Monday, May 18, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI – Beginning Monday, May 18, Metro will be operating limited fixed route service in the community. Hours of operations will be from 6:15 am to 6:15 pm Monday through Saturday. No Sunday service will be provided for the fixed route at this time.
Riders must adhere to the following for the fixed route buses and Metro Connect beginning May 18 in order to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19:
“We are looking forward to providing additional transportation for those needing to get to essential destinations and want the community to be respectful of each other and the bus drivers as bus service resumes,” stated Sean McBride, Executive Director for Metro. “The additional transportation will be made possible by having riders use face coverings and hand sanitizer while on the bus and riding only when necessary.”
No fare will be collected with rear door boarding for all routes. Hourly bus service will be provided on routes except Routes 12-Duke and 21-Solon Kendall which will not operate during this limited service time period. Routes 1-Westnedge, 2-Portage, 9-Gull, and 14-West Main will operate additional service leaving the Transportation Center downtown at :45 to the hour Monday through Friday.
Specific route information and regular updates on public transportation in Kalamazoo County is available at www.kmetro.com or by calling (269) 337-8222. Additional updates are also available on Facebook at Metro Transit.
Route 1 – Westnedge 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 2 – Portage 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 3 – West Michigan 6:00 am–5:55 pm
Route 4 – Oakland 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 5 – East Main 6:15 am–5:38 pm
Route 6 – Parchment 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 7 – Alamo 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 8 – Egleston 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 9 – Gull 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 10 – Comstock 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 11 – Stadium 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 12 – DUKE—NO SERVICE AT THIS TIME
Route 13 – South Burdick 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 14 – West Main 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 15 – Paterson 6:45 am–6:08 pm
Route 16 – Lovell 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 21 – Solon Kendall Lafayette: No Service
Route 26 – Centre 6:33 am–5:42 pm
Route 27 – Romence 6:25 am–5:45 pm