Additional Hours of Service as of June 8
Fixed Route Service Resumes May 18
Fixed Route Service Resumes Monday, May 18
Bus Poster Highlighted What To Do When Riding - Download JPEG Bus Poster Highlighted What To Do When Riding - Download PDF
Bus Poster Hours and Route Information - Download JPEG Bus Poster Hours and Route Information - Download PDF
Route 1 – Westnedge 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 2 – Portage 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 3 – West Michigan 6:00 am–5:55 pm
Route 4 – Oakland 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 5 – East Main 6:15 am–5:38 pm
Route 6 – Parchment 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 7 – Alamo 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 8 – Egleston 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 9 – Gull 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri
Route 10 – Comstock 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 11 – Stadium 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 12 – DUKE—NO SERVICE AT THIS TIME
Route 13 – South Burdick 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 14 – West Main 6:15 am–6:08 pm (:45 Service Mon-Fri)
Route 15 – Paterson 6:45 am–6:08 pm
Route 16 – Lovell 6:15 am–6:08 pm
Route 21 – Solon Kendall Lafayette: No Service
Route 26 – Centre 6:33 am–5:42 pm
Route 27 – Romence 6:25 am–5:45 pm
Hours of Operations
Fixed Route Bus: Fixed route buses will operate from 6:15 am to 6:15 pm Monday through Saturday. No buses will be operating on Sunday until further notice.
Metro Connect: Hours of operation are 6:00 am to 12:15 am Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 10:15 pm Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
For work trips needing transportation after 6:15 pm when the fixed route system is not operating, riders can call Metro Connect to schedule rides. Please be aware that there is limited availability for evening transportation from 6:15 pm to 12:15 am Monday through Friday, Saturday from 6:15pm to 10:15 pm and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Rides can be scheduled at (269) 350-2970.
Riders must adhere to the following for the fixed route buses starting May 18 in order to keep public transportation operating in Kalamazoo County:
- Face coverings: Everyone on the bus must be wearing a face covering. Metro drivers will also be wearing a face covering. A covering can include a mask, scarf, or bandana, as long as it covers the nose and mouth. If a covering is not used, the rider cannot board the bus at this time.
- Boarding the Bus: Only rear door boarding is available with no fare required.
- Ramp and Assisted Boarding: Due to a new plexiglass barrier near the driver, those requiring a ramp or kneeling of the bus will not be able to board immediately at bus stops. Drivers will speak to the passenger at the bus stop using the outdoor speaker and send out a vehicle that is able to accommodate the passenger. Additional transportation will be made available within 30 minutes. Those needing additional assistance riding Metro can contact Metro Connect at 350-2970 for no cost curb to curb service seven days a week.
- Hand Sanitizer: A hand sanitizer dispenser has been installed at the back door where passengers board. To help keep the bus clean and to protect others, use the hand sanitizer when boarding the bus.
- Limited seating: Bus seats will be marked off with yellow tape to encourage social distancing. Members from the same household can and should remain together. Passengers cannot stand in the aisle.
- Limit Rides: Metro requests that all passengers travel for essential rides only per the Governor’s Stay Home Staff Safe order in effect through May 28. With limited hours and seating, only 14 or 18 riders can be on the bus at a time (depending on bus size). If a bus is full, the driver will not pick up additional passengers until there is room. Because of this, please consolidate trips and take Metro only for essential work, grocery and medical trips.
The Metro bus drivers are available in case of an emergency and passengers are being asked to minimize their contact with drivers at this time. With the limited services comes reduced service hours and seating. Expect setbacks and plan ample travel time.
Specific route information including modified schedules and regular updates on your public transportation is available at www.kmetro.com or by calling (269) 337-8222. Additional updates are also available on Facebook at Metro Transit.
Metro COVID Preparedness and Response Plan - May, 2020 - PDF Download