METRO AND METRO CONNECT FARES RESUME AUGUST 2, 2021.
Riders must adhere to the following for the fixed route buses starting January 29, 2021 in order to keep public transportation operating in Kalamazoo County:
- Face Masks: Everyone on the bus must be wearing a face covering. Metro drivers will also be wearing a face covering. Masks requirements include:
- A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth.
- Cloth masks should be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source).
- Mask should be secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head. If gaiters are worn, they should have two layers of fabric or be folded to make two layers.
- Mask should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Mask should be a solid piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
The following are prohibitted as of January 29, 2021:
- Masks worn in a way that does not cover both the mouth and nose
- Face shields or goggles (face shields or goggles may be worn to supplement a mask that meets above required attributes)
- Scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or bandannas
- Shirt or sweater collars (e.g., turtleneck collars) pulled up over the mouth and nose.
- Masks made from loosely woven fabric or that are knitted, i.e., fabrics that let light pass through
- Masks made from materials that are hard to breathe through (such as vinyl, plastic or leather)
- Masks containing slits, exhalation valves, or punctures
- Masks that do not fit properly (large gaps, too loose or too tight)
Specific route information including modified schedules and regular updates on your public transportation is available by calling (269) 337-8222. Additional updates are also available on Facebook at Metro Transit.
Token Transit is available for download through their website at www.tokentransit.com