Using Mobility Management Assistance to Learn about Metro Services
If you have never used public transportation or you are new to town, it can be challenging and even scary to know where to start. Our free Travel Training Program is designed to put you at ease and get you started using Kalamazoo County's public transportation options.
The Travel Training Program is available at no cost to individuals or groups who are interested in learning how to use and connect to Kalamazoo County public transportation.
Learn to ride the bus
Our Travel Trainer will teach you how to ride the bus. The training includes:
- Accompanying you on the specific route you want to learn
- A tour of the Transit Center in downtown Kalamazoo
- Explanation of different types of fares
- Teaching you to use Track My Bus and other trip planning tools
- Teaching basic public transportation skills such as trip planning, transferring buses, safety tips, and bus rules
- Assisting you with applying for reduced fare if qualified (seniors age 62+ or people with disabilities)
Connect to Metro County Connect
Metro Connect is the shared ride origin-to-destination public transit service that travels throughout Kalamazoo County. The service is available to everyone in Kalamazoo County; however, for reduced fare you must be certified to use the service.
Our Travel Trainer can assist you with your certification and help you apply for reduced fare if you qualify (seniors age 62+ or people with disabilities). The Travel Trainer will teach you how to schedule your Metro Connect rides and utilize this service.
Groups and organizations
In addition to individual training, our Travel Trainer is available to teach groups and organizations how to use Metro or Metro Connect. The group training includes an overview presentation, a tour of the Transit Center, and a group bus ride.
Sign-up for Travel Training
If you or your organization would like to use our Travel Training services in Kalamazoo County, contact us at (269) 337-8222.